Re: Did dinosaur wings evolve for breeding display?

On Wed, Apr 15, 2009 at 1:30 PM, John Conway <john.a.conway@gmail.com> wrote:
> ... and decent with modification, surely? I don't understand your distinction
> here.

A -> B -> C

Does not make:

A = B = C.

There is a lot of confusion made when we do not pay attention to the
difference. For example: balancing selection, in general, do not leads
to evolution; genetic drift or mutation pressure could overcome
negative selecion. Someone that regards selecions as the same thing as
evolution could think that evolution is refuted by the two examples
above (and you know some group of people that could use this mistake
in a mischievous way).

[]s,

Roberto Takata