Re: Did dinosaur wings evolve for breeding display?

If wings evolved primarily as a display device for visual enhancement in
breeding, why do we see already functional aerodynamic structuring (i.e.,
unequal vane proportions) in the wing feathers of known flying dromaeosaurs?
Even though they don't make flight a possiblity any more, wing feathers do have
an important function in ratites like ostriches, but these feathers are soft,
fluffy and non-aerodynamic, which is what one would expect if wings had evolved
primarily as a sexual display organ. Also, unless both sexes practiced this
kind of display favoring the development of wings, wouldn't wings be present in
just one sex? --Mark Hallett