RE: Did dinosaur wings evolve for breeding display?/Longisquama

Dave Peters wrote:

  Dave, I'm not sure you followed what I said, but maybe that's my fault. I
meant to state that were you to continue the otherwise articulated specimen
posteriorly, the posterior torso, hips, legs, and tail would continue along
where the last "structure" lays. That the skeleton is missing, broken or torn
ot whatever, indicates only further that dessication or predation has occured
(although in this case, I would favor predation, then burial, as dessication
should disarticulate the skeleton in general).

  Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the
experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to
do so." --- Douglas Adams (Last Chance to See)

"Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different
language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to
kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at
things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)

http://windowslive.com/RediscoverHotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Rediscover_Updates2_042009