How to Get Paleontology PDFs [was RE: Pdfs of JVP]

Michael (and other DML'ers),

As a practice of first resort, I would suggest writing the authors to get a
PDF. I can assure you that it is quite flattering for most authors to get these
sorts of requests (and I certainly know that folks like Josh Matthews would be
thrilled to provide a PDF)! Or, if you anticipate a continuing interest in
JVP's articles, join the society. It's really not that expensive for even an
associate membership ($50/year), and this provides access to *all* digital
archives of the journal! Plus, you get the satisfaction of helping out with a
great cause.

The issue of finding scientific papers has also been covered on my blog (The
Open Source Paleontologist):

http://openpaleo.blogspot.com/2009/03/finding-that-pdf.html
http://openpaleo.blogspot.com/2009/04/keeping-on-top-of-literature.html

as well as Dave Hone's blog (Dave Hone's Archosaur Musings):
http://archosaurmusings.wordpress.com/2009/04/02/getting-hold-of-papers/

This is not intended to target you in particular, but as a gentle suggestion
for the list in general.

Andy

> Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 17:04:05 +0200
> From: Michael.Lange@gmx.ch
> To: dinosaur@usc.edu
> Subject: Pdfs of JVP
>
> Dear list,
>
> I'am looking for pdfs of these papers from JVP

> If someone can send me a copy, I would much appriciate that,
>
> many thanks in advance,
>
> Michael
>
> --
> Psssst! Schon vom neuen GMX MultiMessenger gehört? Der kann`s mit allen:
> http://www.gmx.net/de/go/multimessenger01

Windows Live™: Life without walls.
http://windowslive.com/explore?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_allup_1b_explore_042009