From: Richard W. Travsky [mailto:rtravsky@uwyo.edu]
Sent: 18 April, 2009 8:59 AM
To: dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Python Drags Man Into Tree

not dinosaurs but rather interesting

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7999909.stm

A Kenyan man bit a python which wrapped him in its coils and dragged him
up a tree during a fierce three-hour struggle, police have told the BBC.
The victim told police he managed to reach his mobile phone from his
pocket to raise the alarm when the python momentarily eased its grip after
hauling him up a tree on Saturday evening.

Mr Nyaumbe used his shirt to smother the snake's head and prevent it from
swallowing him.
"I stepped on a spongy thing on the ground and suddenly my leg was
entangled with the body of a huge python," he said.
He added: "It's very mysterious, this ability to lift the man onto the
tree. I've never heard of this before."