Re: New study on Staurikosaurus

Brad's message registered as truncated in my mail list. I guess it is referring
to this new paper:

Bittencourt, J.S., and A.W.A. Kellner. 2009. The anatomy and phylogenetic
position of the Triassic dinosaur Staurikosaurus pricei Colbert, 1970. Zootaxa
2079:1-56.

Abstract: We redescribe the holotype of the saurischian dinosaur Staurikosaurus
pricei Colbert, 1970 from Late Triassic Santa Maria Formation (southern
Brazil), following additional preparation that revealed new anatomical
features. A revised diagnosis is proposed and the published synapomorphies for
Dinosauria and less inclusive clades (e.g. Saurischia) are evaluated for this
species. Some characters previously identified as present in the holotype,
including the intramandibular joint, hyposphene-hypantrum articulations in
dorsal vertebrae, and a cranial trochanter and trochanteric shelf on the femur,
cannot be confirmed due to poor preservation or are absent in the available
material. In addition, postcranial characters support a close relationship
between S. pricei and Herrerasaurus ischigualastensis Reig, 1963 (Late
Triassic, Argentina), forming the clade Herrerasauridae. Several pelvic and
vertebral characters support the placement of S. pricei as a
 saurischian dinosaur. Within Saurischia, characters observed in the holotype,
including the anatomy of the dentition and caudal vertebrae, support theropod
affinities. However, the absence of some characters observed in the clades
Theropoda and Sauropodomorpha suggests that S. pricei is not a member of
Eusaurischia. Most morphological characters discussed in previous phylogenetic
studies cannot be assessed for S. pricei because of the incompleteness of the
holotype and only known specimen. The phylogenetic position of S. pricei is
constrained by that of its sister taxon H. ischigualastensis, which is known
from much more complete material.

http://chinleana.blogspot.com/2009/04/new-paper-on-triassic-dinosaur.html