Open Access Journal Survey

As part of an informal effort to evaluate the open access journals presently
available to paleontologists, I have been running a survey asking community
input on perceptions of a number of open access journals (those publications
which allow either immediate or delayed access to all of their articles). This
will be coupled with information on numbers of citations, etc., for a
non-scientific but hopefully semi-accurate "ranking" of these journals.

So, I am writing to invite list members to participate in this brief survey
(open until Friday evening), available at:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=wnI824TM_2bpL3bzDvQCjG9g_3d_3d

The survey basically gives you the name of the journal, and a request to rank
it as "excellent," "good," "fair," "poor," or "never heard of it." It should
take only a minute or two to complete.

For more information, I invite you to check out:
http://openpaleo.blogspot.com/2009/04/what-are-best-open-access-journals-for.html
http://openpaleo.blogspot.com/2009/04/open-access-journals-in-paleontology.html

The latter link provides a list of the journals, and criteria for their
inclusion on the list. Thanks for your help! Results will be posted this
weekend.

Andy

http://windowslive.com/RediscoverHotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Rediscover_Storage2_042009