Re: New paper: Theropod forelimb evolution & Archie is not a "Rosetta stone"

I think I have read patristic distance as amount of total differences
between groups (with one of these being not monophyletic). I think
great patristic distances, implying many changes, were used by some
anti-Henningians to separate taxons, as tought many decades ago
between birds and the paraphyletic "reptiles". I think Ernst Mayr used
the term very much.