Re: New bird /pterosaur flight paper in PLoS ONE

Augusto Haro wrote:
I'm also far behind on literature, but do not see big problems with
such a hypothesis. Accepting the possibility large azhdharchids did
not fly (hypothesis which I do not dare to support or refuse to
support because of ignorance) I also think that all flight
specializations may be just explained by descent from volant
ancestors, and not usefulness in the actual giant.

Ohhhh no. Have you seen a azhdarchid humerus? Or coracoid?

If they weren't flyin', they must have been taking part in some sort of Mr. Universe competition.

--
Palaontography: http://palaeo.jconway.co.uk