Re: Earthquakes revealing bones?

I can walk you right to an obvious fault with a few feet of offset running directly through a pretty large rib bone (4 to 5 inches across). I've left it alone as a curiosity and a good example sedimentologically that I point out to guests as I am explaining what microsites are. The structure was a bonus. Pretty hard to take a photo of because the hard ledge directly above protecting the bone is several feet into the shadows. I would correctly answer your questions yes only if that bone wouldn't have been exposed without the earthquake that caused the offset to occur. Therefore I found the bone directly as a result of the quake. The microsite the large bone is in has potential only if I want to bring in really heavy equipment to remove the hard sand cap rock that is about a foot thick but is nicely offset by the fault.

Frank (Rooster) Bliss
MS Biostratigraphy
www.wyomingdinosaurs.com
Weston, Wyoming USA