Thanks to all of you

Dear all,

it is time to say "Thank you" to all of you.

If you look at the latest issue of JVP, you'll find an article on
theropod locomotion I have co-authored with John Hutchinson and Steve
Gatesy. Without this list, this article would never have happened. (Or
at least, I would not have been involved in it.)

It was joining the DML in, I think, 1995, that I realised that my
life-long obsession with dinosaurs could be brought to a new level if
I was willing to do what many of the other amateurs on this list have
done before me: Learn enough that I can read and understand the
primary literature. It was also through this list that I realised that
it was biomechanics that fascinated me most. And finally, it was
through this list that I got John's contact which led to our
collaboration and the paper which now has seen the light of the day.

When I was a child, I wanted to study dinosaurs. Later on, I decided
that I found physics even more exciting (a decision I have never
regretted). But thanks to the DML, I have now managed to make my
childhood dream come true in a way I could never have anticipated.

So once again, thank you all for making this list a great place to
learn, and thanks especially to our administrators for maintaining and
moderating it in such a thoughtful way.

My best wishes to all of you,

Martin.

                   Priv.-Doz. Dr. Martin BÃker