Re: Learning the jargon - was Re: Thanks to all of you

It does help, I think, if only to perhaps restore a bit of my faith in
the semi-technical literature - of which I have quite a few examples
(including the ones you mention by name). It's been a while since I've
read anything by Greg Paul, though, so I should go back and re-read a
few things more closely.

I'll have to take a look into the kind of textbooks you mention, as
well (and look for ones with a strong visual component). Going through
materials and writing out definitions/relationships for all the
different terms is something I've considered for a while now, but
always felt like it was going to be too big an effort with too small a
return - perhaps I need to rethink that.

Thank you for sharing what worked for you.