Re: What faunas/formations were at the KT

Lance (Wyoming) is actually to the south of Hell Creek (Montana). I drive over the border every day so there it is only nomenclatural/ geographic rather than any difference biostratigraphically between Lance and Hell Creek. A pet peeve I have is that many formations over the years that have been known for biostratigraphic reasons were renamed for lithographic or geographic issues. It just adds to the confusion. I dare anybody to show me a lithofacies difference between the north part of my ranch (Hell Creek) and the south part (Lance). (I own land in both states, stand with your feet straddling the border, put your weight on Lance or hop over to Hell Creek.) I even keep an amateur radio antenna on the border too so I can send from both states at the same time. Lots of demand for that radio contact when ever I get it up and going.

And yes, upper Cretaceous sequences are quite scarce.

Frank (Rooster) Bliss
MS Biostratigraphy
Weston, Wyoming
www.wyomingdinosaurs.com