Re: Splanchnocranium?

I think that is true only of the endochondral bones such as quadrate,
epipterygoid, columella auris and articular in the mandible. I think
that does not apply to dermal bones such as maxilla, premaxilla,
pterygoid, and the other bones in the mandible.

I think neurocranium is roughly the same of braincase. I am not sure
the term also includes the roof of the braincase, formed by parietal
and frontal. The same doubt I have with the term endocranium, which I
guess may be the same of neurocranium.

Cheers.
Augusto Haro.