Re: fake moon rock

Another question raised by this is should the American government be giving away moon rocks (or similar materials) to individuals, as opposed to institutions where they would presumably be curated and preserved in perpetuity. Maybe it is possible to identify the locality or region where the petrified wood came from.

Dan

B tH wrote:
Gaaaah!  Embarrassing.  Red faces for Americans.
I don't think any scientist at NASA would have
participated in anything 'sinister' like this.

I wonder if any of the other rocks turn out the same way?  We need more info on
this one.

You just KNOW that the crypto-whackies will use this to fuel more "man never went to
the moon" gimcrackery.