Från: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu [mailto:owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu] För David
Krentz
Skickat: den 30 november 2009 04:21
Till: DML List
Ämne: visible geologic noxious gas

   First, let me preface this email with the fact that I failed in
chemistry and many other science based subjects-heck, I failed art
once.  Please be gentle with me.

The scene I've created for the show I'm on involves dinosaurs being
choked to death in a low altitude by some kind of geologic event.

What kinds of VISIBLE noxious gases do volcanoes emit before
eruptions?  From what I understand carbon dioxide is odorless and
invisible. Unfortunately its something that does not play well
visually.  Is there some way it could become visible?  Mixed with
water vapour?  Do sulfer gases have the same effect on wildlife that
carbon monoxide does?  Is sulfer as heavy as CO2?  Are there any
modern locations that I can site?

   The scene I've created for the show I'm on involves dinosaurs being
choked to death in a low altitude by some kind of geologic event.

D  (thats my initial, not my grade)