Re: Idea for an "Open Dinosaur Project"-like Wikimedia Project

The problem with paleodb is that it only accepts contributions from
people who hold Ph.Ds.  I can understand why it takes that approach,
but I think it's self-defeating, and it will certainly greatly reduce
the amount of effort it's able to attract (not least because people
with Ph.Ds are mostly already working on their own projects and don't
have a lot of time for contributing to such efforts).  Wikipedia shows
the way here, for sure.