RE: Differences between *Vancleavea* and thalattosaurs

Shortly after losing the ability to access my email, I gain it again. Good boy!

Onto the show:

Dave Peters wrote (adressing me):

<I get the impression that you are "defending the status quo" by noting
that you chose to report on only those few minor characters that would
tend TO support the Nesbitt et al. results, rather than say, "attaboy,
Dave!" and report on all the major traits (see above) that tend to NOT
support the Nesbitt et al. results.>

  After examining your original post that started this, and the ones that
followed, I note that you have made no original contribution to asserting which
features link *Vancleavea* to any thalattosaur. Each feature noted was brought
up by someone else to which you've replied (and have been replied to in kind).
If you do wish to bring up original distributions, I suggest actually doing so
instead of waiting for someone else to try to set up their own dummy to knock
down an hypothesis you suggested but have not actually formulated. That is,
actually bring up features that link *V. campi* to any thalattosaur to the
exclusion of an archosauromorph and the analyses of either Parker and Barton
(2009) or Nesbitt et al. (2009). It is this lack of content from you, Dave,
that means that until you do, there is no other work OTHER than those works
which produce any sort of "status quo."

Cheers,

Jaime A. Headden

disinclination to do so." --- Douglas Adams (Last Chance to See)

Backs)

Windows Live Hotmail is faster and more secure than ever.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowslive/hotmail_bl1/hotmail_bl1.aspx?ocid=PID23879::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-ww:WM_IMHM_1:092009