RE: Discovery tonight ... 8 pm

> From: owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu [mailto:owner-DINOSAUR@usc.edu]
> On Behalf Of Michael Erickson
>
> I don't know what this tyrannosaur cranial kinesis hating is
> really all about, maybe that one Witmer paper? But I still
> beleive that it occurred. Apparrently so does Pete Larson.
> One single little paper (yes, I've read it top to bottom, and
> I do find it rather poor, but that's another story) isn't
> going to convince me that all of the previous work done by
> too many workers to count since the early 1900s is completely
> wrong. Now you can attack me for this. And then attack me for
> expecting to be attacked. (For the record, I'm only half-joking.)
>
> ~ Michael

Cranial Kinesis in Dinosaurs: Intracranial Joints, Protractor Muscles, and
Their Significance for Cranial Evolution and Function in Diapsids
      Casey M. Holliday, Lawrence M. Witmer
      Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology 2008 28 (4), 1073-1088

And

THE CRUSHING BITE OF TYRANNOSAURIDS
JØRN H. HURUM, PHILLIP J. CURRIE
Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology 2000 20 (3), 619-621

Among others.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084
Office: Centreville 1216