To: <tholtz@umd.edu>; <dinosaur@usc.edu>; <VRTPALEO@usc.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 12:22 PM
Subject: Re: Matt Wedel on the perils of doing documentaries

I was so exited when I stumbled upon Clash of the Dinosaurs. I watched Perfect Predators. My sis was there to hear me counter much of the science. There was one or two things that were interesting enough that I didn't know for sure one way or the other and wanted to ask ya'll on the list about said but those questions are forgotten. Something about T-Rex I had never heard before. Oh and I'm not sure I believe a Quetzalcoatlus could leap into the air so easily. Did it really have super fast twitch muscles? Even if it had I think it would have needed some hops to get going. Even the bad CGI seems to suggest this.

And why do we think it was a baby eater? It might have been but have we found babies in it's tummy?

In the end I had to turn off the series 5 minutes into the 2nd episode for the reasons stated. Bad science, repetitive narration and the pain of watching the same 5 clips shown over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over was too much for me. When a dinosaur fiend like myself can't watch you're dinosaur show then you get an epic FAIL as your grade.

Andrew Simpson