Re: Hopping Hadrosaurs

Solo in A New Hope brags that the Falcon made the Kessel Run in "less
than twelve parsecs". As this is a unit of distance, not time,
different explanations have been provided. In the Expanded Universe,
it refers to his ability to move the ship closer to the Maw's black
holes and therefore cut the distance traveled.[8] On the A New Hope
DVD audio commentary, Lucas comments that, in the Star Wars universe,
traveling through hyperspace requires careful navigation to avoid
stars, planets, asteroids, and other obstacles,[9] and that since no
long-distance journey can be made in a straight line, the "fastest"
ship is the one that can plot the "most direct course", thereby
travelin

Lee Hall
Paleontology Undergraduate
Museum of the Rockies