OT (was: Hopping Hadrosaurs)

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Lee Hall <paleeoguy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Solo in A New Hope brags that the Falcon made the Kessel Run in "less
> than twelve parsecs". As this is a unit of distance, not time,
> different explanations have been provided. In the Expanded Universe,
> it refers to his ability to move the ship closer to the Maw's black
> holes and therefore cut the distance traveled.[8] On the A New Hope
> DVD audio commentary, Lucas comments that, in the Star Wars universe,
> traveling through hyperspace requires careful navigation to avoid
> stars, planets, asteroids, and other obstacles,[9] and that since no
> long-distance journey can be made in a straight line, the "fastest"
> ship is the one that can plot the "most direct course", thereby
> travelin

Apologetics notwithstanding, the original draft of the screenplay says:

                      SOLO
      It's the ship that made the Kessel
      run in less than twelve parsecs!

  Ben reacts to Solo's stupid attempt to impress them with obvious
misinformation.

(The final draft has "(obviously lying)" after "SOLO".)

As anyone who has seen the prequels and the originals can attest,
Lucas sometimes has trouble remembering plot points laid down
earlier....

Tim, heh, I completely missed your Family Guy reference.

*struggles to bring this back on topic
Umm, so, could hadrosaurs have run like Tauntauns?
--
T. Michael Keesey
Glendale, California