Re: OT (was: Hopping Hadrosaurs)

T. Michael Keesey wrote:

> Apologetics notwithstanding, the original draft of the screenplay says:
>
>                       SOLO
>       It's the ship that made the Kessel
>       run in less than twelve parsecs!
>
>   Ben reacts to Solo's stupid attempt to impress them with obvious
> misinformation.
>
> (The final draft has "(obviously lying)" after "SOLO".)
>
> As anyone who has seen the prequels and the originals can attest,
> Lucas sometimes has trouble remembering plot points laid down
> earlier....

[snip]

As paleontologists, we are interested in the origins of things and their
transformations over time, a bit of pre-filmed story transformations of
Star Wars:

http://www.ulapland.fi/home/pranta/starwars.htm

(For those who buy the whole "the original nine-film series was planned
since before the first movie was filmed" idea, a little reality check...)

--
Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Email: tholtz@umd.edu   Phone: 301-405-4084

http://www.geol.umd.edu/sgc