RE: Taking control of the documentary situation, an immodest proposal

Hi
This was going to be one of my suggestions - only I'd say standardise
the format - have an easy-to-follow set of broadcast quality guidelines
for the recording (easy nowadays) - and make the resulting clips
available for download at full quality and public domain so they can be
used in any documentary.

Furthermore, I'd also suggest that rather than editorial control, there
should be a set of safeguards on the accuracy of the material - which
producers can use to make judgements.

Also, that the videos should be hosted on a dml site which can include
other material useful for documentary makers.

It will cost money - but not a lot of money and it's achievable - That
is if people are really serious about wanting to raise the level of
understanding amongst the public.

Christian