RE: Taking control of the documentary situation, an immodest proposal

All good points.
I think there is a systemic problem at work here, too.  Perhaps not "systemic",
per se, but cultural.
At some T.V. channels (ala Discovery, TLC), a lot of the
decision-makers/string-pullers tend to be former liberal arts graduates rather
than former science majors.

NOVA and Nat. Geo. employees tend to be more well-rounded (I don't mean to
claim that they are all former science majors, but they tend to be people who
didn't *avoid* taking those classes in college).

Journalism/science double-majors do happen in colleges (I happen to know of a
couple guys), but they aren't common.  It's strange that there aren't more of
them, because both journalism and science are based on the discovery process.

Go figure...

<pb>