Re: Ceratosaurus, venom or no?

Just kidding, but if sauropods were able to deliver venom, and if they
moved their necks fast, they should have a defense comparable to that
of poisonous snakes. I suppose this way (and I suppose not any other)
a sauropod the same size of a menacing theropod will have a chance of
surviving greater than zero.

Of course, an animal does not have to be a great combatant or to run
fast or hide to survive. Many sesile invertebrates cannot defend from
a starfish yet they still go without getting extincted in as much as
the starfish predation pressure is controlled by something else.