Re: Venom in Sinornithosaurus

Aw, c'mon! Cobras are cursorial relative to what? Vipers?

Perhaps I used "cursorial" in an inexact manner here, but on a functional
level, snakes are _slow_. They require slow prey, or some strategy (e.g., venom
or ambush) to negate the speed advantage of (e.g.) a rabbit.

As to the selective advantage of poison in weakening resistance, in addition to
preventing escape, good point, and it fits well w/ an incremental scenario...

I am still however, unaware of any fast 'envenom-aters'.