RE: New Papersvatar

I would really appreciate if someone could send me the first paper:

Cavin, L., Tong, H., Boudad, L., Meister, C., Piuz, A., Tabouelle, J., Aarab,
M., Amiot, R., Buffetaut, E., Dyke, G., Hua, S., and Le Loeuff, J. 2009.
Vertebrate assemblages from the early Late Cretaceous of southeastern Morocco:
an overview. Journal of African Earth Sciences. doi:
10.1016/j.jafrearsci.2009.12.007.

Thanks in advance,

Christophe Hendrickx
http://spinosauridae.fr.gd/

> Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2009 17:25:31 -0700
> From: jharris@dixie.edu
> To: dinosaur@usc.edu
> Subject: New Papersvatar
>
> OK, that's really reaching...but if you have the opportunity to go see
> "Avatar" in 3D IMAX, _do it_...it is WELL worth your time...!  Onto the new
> papers:
>

> Cavin, L., Tong, H., Boudad, L., Meister, C., Piuz, A., Tabouelle, J., Aarab,
> M., Amiot, R., Buffetaut, E., Dyke, G., Hua, S., and Le Loeuff, J. 2009.
> Vertebrate assemblages from the early Late Cretaceous of southeastern
> Morocco: an overview. Journal of African Earth Sciences. doi:
> 10.1016/j.jafrearsci.2009.12.007.
>
> ABSTRACT: Fossils of vertebrates have been found in great abundance in the
> continental and marine early Late Cretaceous sediments of Southeastern
> Morocco for more than fifty years. About 80 vertebrate taxa have so far been
> recorded from this region, many of which were recognised and diagnosed for
> the first time based on specimens recovered from these sediments. In this
> paper, we use published data together with new field data to present an
> updated overview of Moroccan early Late Cretaceous vertebrate assemblages.
> The Cretaceous series we have studied encompases three Formations, the
> Ifezouane and Aoufous Formations, which are continental and deltaic in origin
> and are often grouped under the name “Kem Kem beds”, and the Akrabou
> Formation which is marine in origin. New field observations allow us to place
> four recognised vertebrate clusters, corresponding to one compound assemblage
> and three assemblages, within a general temporal framework. In particular,
> two ammonite bioevents characterise the lower part of the Upper Cenomanian
> (Calycoceras guerangeri Zone) at the base of the Akrabou Formation and the
> upper part of the Lower Turonian (Mammites nodosoides Zone), that may extend
> into the Middle Turonian within the Akrabou Formation, and allow for more
> accurate dating of the marine sequence in the study area. We are not yet able
> to distinguish a specific assemblage that characterises the Ifezouane
> Formation when compared to the similar Aoufous Formation, and as a result we
> regard the oldest of the four vertebrate “assemblages” in this region to be
> the compound assemblage of the “Kem Kem beds”. This well-known vertebrate
> assemblage comprises a mixture of terrestrial (and aerial), freshwater and
> brackish vertebrates. The archosaur component of this fauna appears to show
> an intriguingly high proportion of large-bodied carnivorous taxa, which may
> indicate a peculiar trophic chain, although collecting biases alter this
> palaeontological signal. A small and restricted assemblage, the OT1
> assemblage, possibly corr!
es!
> [...]
> Cretaceous assemblages.
>

> Houssaye, A. 2009. A new aquatic pythonomorph (Reptilia, Squamata) from the
> Turonian (Late Cretaceous) of France. Comptes Rendus Palevol. doi:
> 10.1016/j.crpv.2009.09.002.
>
> ABSTRACT: Disarticulated vertebrae from the Turonian of France display a
> distinctive suite of characters and probably represent a new pythonomorph.
> This taxon displays some degree of vertebral pachyostosis s.s., often
> observed in varanoid squamates from the Cenomanian-Turonian interval of the
> ‘Mediterranean’ portion of the Tethys. The discovery of this new material
> highlights the importance of also describing possibly new taxa based on
> isolated remains.
>

> Brochu, C.A., Wagner, J.R., Jouve, S., Sumrall, C.D., and Densmore, L.D.
> 2009. A correction corrected: consensus over the meaning of Crocodylia and
> why it matters. Systematic Biology 58(5):537-543. doi: 10.1093/sysbio/syp053.
>

> I mention this one because it has some interesting implications for possible
> life restorations of at least some dinosaurs:
>
> Møller, A.P., and Erritzøe, J. 2009. Why birds eat colourful grit: colour
> preferences revealed by the colour of gizzard stones. Journal of Evolutionary
> Biology. doi: 10.1111/j.1420-9101.2009.01918.x.
>
> ABSTRACT: Colour preferences from sexual or social contexts are assumed to
> have arisen owing to preferences for specific kinds of food, representing a
> sensory bias, but once colour preferences have evolved in a sexual context,
> they may also be expressed during foraging. We tested whether preferences for
> specific body colours (i.e. plumage and soft parts) were related to colour
> preferences for grit ingested by birds. Birds eat grit to facilitate break
> down of food by the gizzard, and this function is independent of the colour
> of grit, but depends on the physical properties of stones. Bird species were
> significantly consistent in colour of grit, and grit of different colours
> varied in prevalence among species, even when analyses were restricted to a
> sample from a single locality. There were positive correlations between
> presence of lilac and red grit in the gizzard and presence of sexually
> dichromatic lilac and red colour on the body. There was a positive
> correlation between red grit colour and red sexually monochromatic body
> colour. Bird species with many different sexual colours, but not sexually
> monochromatic colours on their body had many different colours of grit. Males
> had more lilac and red grit than females, with this effect differing among
> species, whereas that was not the case for grit of other colours. These
> findings are consistent with the sensory bias hypothesis that birds express
> preferences for grit of specific colours and a high diversity of colours
> related to sexual colouration of the body, even when the colour of such grit
> is only visible to the individual at the moment of ingestion.

Nouveau Windows 7 : Trouvez le PC qui vous convient. En savoir plus.
http://windows.microsoft.com/shop