From: Jaime Headden
Receiver: lor
Time: 2009-02-03, 22:35:33
Subject: RE: Minotaurasaurus controversy

A published name is a published name. The issue is the ethics in publishing
when the provenance and aquisition of the material is in question AND when it
derives from either of two countries that have anti-trade laws involved in the
sale of fossils, which the authors admitted to. Note, however, that the fossil
was found with matrix that CAN be used to pinpoint a formation by its
composition.

Cheers,

  Jaime A. Headden

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the
experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to
do so." --- Douglas Adams (Last Chance to See)

"Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different
language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to
kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at
things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)

> Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 21:44:33 -0200
> From: lor@fibertel.com.ar
> Subject: RE: Minotaurasaurus controversy
> To: dinosaur@usc.edu
>
> It seems pretty obvious to me that if the specimen is confiscated and
> delivered to the proper authorities, they, in time, will have it properly
> published, and maybe even can add some location data to the fossil.
> Alas, the name of the perpetrator is not likely to be used... ;-)
>
> Luis Oscar Romero, lor@fibertel.com.ar
> 2009-02-03

Windows Live?Hotmail?more than just e-mail. See how it works.