RE: New papers on dinosaur tracks in Oryctos

Dear DML members,

a new updated version of "B. Vila, O. Oms, J. Marmi & A. Galobart. 2008.
Tracking Fumanya Footprints (Maastrichtian, Pyrenees): historical and
ichnological overview. Oryctos 8, 115-130" is available.

http://www.icp.cat/docs/vila_etal_oryctos.pdf

The new version (11 Mb) is a high-quality pdf, a better version for printing.

Best wishes,

Bernat Vila

> Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 19:22:14 +0100
> From: jigruiz@unizar.es
> Subject: Re: New papers on dinosaur tracks in Oryctos
> To: dinosaur@usc.edu
> CC: jigruiz@unizar.es
>
> The pdf-files of these articles are downloadable in the web-pages of
> their authors:
>
> O. Mateus & J. Milàn. 2008. Ichnological evidence for giant ornithopod
> dinosaurs in the Upper Jurassic Lourinhã Formation, Portugal. Oryctos
> 8, 47-52.
> http://omateus.googlepages.com/MateusMilnPROOF2.pdf
>
> M. Lockley, J.C. Garcia-Ramos, L. Pinuela & M. Avanzini. 2008 A review
> of vertebrate track assemblages from the Late Jurassic of Asturias,
> Spain with comparative notes on coeval ichnofaunas from the western
> USA: implications for faunal diversity in siliciclastic facies
> assemblages. Oryctos 8, 53-70.
> http://www.aragosaurus.com/secciones/publicaciones/artic/Lockley_etal_2008.pdf
>
> M. Avanzini, L.Pinuela & J.C. Garcia-Ramos. 2008. Theropod
> Palaeopathology inferred from a Late Jurassic trackway, Asturias (N.
> Spain). Oryctos 8, 71-75.
> http://www.aragosaurus.com/secciones/publicaciones/artic/Avanzini_etal_2008.pdf
>
> B. Vila, O. Oms, J. Marmi & A. Galobart. 2008. Tracking Fumanya
> Footprints (Maastrichtian, Pyrenees): historical and ichnological
> overview. Oryctos 8, 115-130.
> http://www.icp.cat/docs/08_11_VilaEtAlPROOF3_definitive.pdf

> Jose Ignacio Ruiz-Omeñaca
> Museo del Jurásico de Asturias (MUJA)
> E-33328 Colunga, Spain
> www.dinoastur.com
> www.museojurasicoasturias.com
> www.aragosaurus.com
>

>> The last issue of the French journal Oryctos contains ten papers on
>> dinosaur footprints: http://www.dinosauria.org/oryctos.php
>>
>> The issue 8 (2008) of Oryctos contains the proceedings of the
>> "International Symposium on dinosaurs and other vertebrates
>> Palaeoichnology" held at Fumanya (Barcelona province, Spain), October
>> 4-8th, 2005: http://usuarios.lycos.es/fumanyasymp05/
>>
>> (the Abstract Book of the symposium is free at:
>> http://www.icp.cat/docs/art_fumanya_symposium.pdf )
>>
>> The titles and abstracts of the proceedings are in the web of the
>> journal: http://www.dinosauria.org/oryctos-volume.php?volume=9
>>
>> Those of Gierlinski & Sabath (2008), Gierlinski et al. (2008) and Dalla
>> Vecchia (2008) were mentioned by Jerry D. Harris in October and
>> November:
>> http://dml.cmnh.org/2008Oct/msg00193.html
>> http://dml.cmnh.org/2008Nov/msg00149.html
>> but the rest have not been mentioned in this list.

>> Marco Avanzini & Paolo Mietto. Lower and Middle Triassic
>> footprint-based Biochronology in the Italian Southern Alps. Oryctos 8,
>> 3-13.
>>
>> The Early and Middle Triassic ichnoassociations of the Italian Southern
>> Alps appear particularly important due to their excellent state of
>> preservation and the ample vertical distribution of the dated trampled
> [...]
Llévate Messenger en tu móvil allá donde vayas ¿A qué esperas?
http://serviciosmoviles.es.msn.com/