Re: Partly-scientific answer to question about cats

Interesting. When my cats squint, it means they are annoyed (at a minimum),
or have escalated annoyance to being very P.O.'d, or are telling me in no
uncertain terms with their silent bullhorn to leave them alone: "Warning! This
is The Cat Squinting! You have 30 seconds to disperse or you will suffer the
catsequences: Immediate Shedding and Shredding on this furniture."

Fortunately there is a recent, albeit in press, paper on this subject.
The authors aver that the auditory stimulus of a Sn can & can-opener in the
Comestibles Lab, combined with the olfactory stimulus of a certain genus of
Chordata* will rapidly defuse the situation.
Cheers, Lisa Felinae
Berkeley, CAt

*Specifically, members of
Kingdom: Animalia