Re: Irradiated Archae and LIDARed dinos

Quoting "Richard W. Travsky" <rtravsky@uwyo.edu>:

> > http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090220110912.htm
>
> The picture on the right of the "Best estimate reconstruction of
> Tyrannosaurus rex" makes it look like a walking pig. And brings to
> my mind once again how unbalanced these look. Where is the center
> of gravity in such a reconstruction? It looks like it will tip over...

I much prefer Greg Paul's theropod reconstructions, which have a concave lower
belly between the ribs
and the pubic boot, rather than tissue joining the front of the chest to the
pubic boot in a straight line.
These latter sort of reconstructions seem to treat the fleshy parts like canvas
being stretched between
poles.

Dann Pigdon