Re: a topic for dinosaur artists

In a message dated 1/5/2009 11:03:54 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
bobtess@dinoart.com writes:

<SNIP>
< I will tell you that we at Walters & Kissinger  charge a minimum of
$300 for a re-licensed image and have occasionally  gotten $500 and up
- though not from a publisher.  We are  successful at that rate.  You
would be too if you are not now, if  we standardize the rate.>

>From conversations with some paleo artists I know, many of the requests to
use art include "free" in the wording. "Money for artwork is not in the
budget".

Mary