Echoes From Skull Mountain

The first attempt to create  vocalizations of dinosaurs and other
prehistoric animals was for the 1933  version of "King Kong". Sound technician
(and
famous drummer) Murray Spivack  outdid himself with some of the most
memorable soundwork ever done. His  tyrannosaur is my personal favorite; so
much
more reptilian than the modern  garbage truck compactor noise we've been
getting since Jurassic  Park.
Here's about five minutes worth of some of the  actual sound dubs created
for the movie. In addition, you'll hear Kong's roar,  footsteps or chest
beating, birds, and Mary finding out what her 401K is now  worth. The pictures
go roughly with the dubs. DV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5siXfNCNP-4&feature=related