Re: New Ruben Paper

On Tue, Jun 09, 2009 at 06:16:08PM +0200, Andreas Johansson scripsit:
 On Tue, Jun 9, 2009 at 6:02 PM, <Danvarner@aol.com> wrote:
> > http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/06/090609092055.htm
> How does this make any sense at all? Birds don't breathe the same way
> as fish either, are we to conclude they're not vertebrates?

It doesn't make sense; it's tossing all the correlatives from osteology,
just for starters.

I'd think it was obvious to the meanest intelligence that they've just
found out why gastralia were retained in theropods, and how they could
be lost in birds without loss of lung function.

-- Graydon