Re: New Ruben Paper

Reading that, I was wondering how this stuff gets past peer review...

Well, the answer is that it doesn't. At least not in this case, from what I can see.

It's a dishonest tactic to imply in press releases and interviews that your (peer reviewed) paper supports a conclusion which it doesn't--especially because we know full well that most people won't read the paper.

This kind of stunt is really damaging to science.

The paper is open access:
http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/122395783/abstract

Danvarner@aol.com wrote:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/06/090609092055.htm