Cheers,

--Mike

Michael Habib, M.S. PhD. Candidate Center for Functional Anatomy and Evolution Johns Hopkins School of Medicine 1830 E. Monument Street Baltimore, MD 21205 (443) 280-0181 habib@jhmi.edu

On Jun 9, 2009, at 4:19 PM, Mark Hallett wrote:

As we always say, "wait for the paper", but is Ruben's entire premise actually based (on the the implication as I understand it from the SCIENCE DAILY article) that birds have inflexible or only potentially flexible knee joints? This is incorrect. --Mark

--- On Tue, 6/9/09, Mike Taylor <mike@indexdata.com> wrote:

From: Mike Taylor <mike@indexdata.com>
Subject: New Ruben Paper
To: Danvarner@aol.com
Cc: dinosaur@usc.edu
Date: Tuesday, June 9, 2009, 9:18 AM
Danvarner@aol.com
writes:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/06/090609092055.htm

From the article:

"Frankly, there's a lot of museum politics involved in this, a lot of careers committed to a particular point of view even if new scientific evidence raises questions," Ruben said.

*nods wisely*

/o ) \/ Mike Taylor <mike@indexdata.com>
http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\ "Don't you practise your alliteration on me!"
-- Monty Python.