Re: Descriptions for Ichthyosaur Genera

There are
plenty of other online sources that will tell you that the authority
for Cedarosaurus is Tidwell at al. 1999, but not many will tell you
that this refers to Tidwell, V., Carpenter, K. and Brooks, W. (1999).
New sauropod from the Lower Cretaceous of Utah, USA. Oryctos 2:
21-37. Unquote

The referencebase of Dinodata does. :)

Mike Taylor schreef:
Andy Farke writes:
 > Although I am loathe to recommend Wikipedia (not because it's a bad
 > resource, but more because it's a few steps removed from primary
 > literature), many of the articles on individual icthyosaur genera
 > have references to the original paper. Also, a search on Google
 > Scholar for each individual genus may also be helpful.

Don't be shy about recommending Wikipedia.  Yes, it's unreliable; but
it's by far the best online source for finding the references of the
papers that first described particular genera or species.  There are
plenty of other online sources that will tell you that the authority
for Cedarosaurus is Tidwell at al. 1999, but not many will tell you
that this refers to Tidwell, V., Carpenter, K. and Brooks, W. (1999).
New sauropod from the Lower Cretaceous of Utah, USA. Oryctos 2:
21-37.  And the great thing is, if that information IS incorrect,
you'll see that for yourself when you read the paper.

)_v__/\  "Specifications are for the weak and timid!" -- Klingon
         Programming Mantra