Re: JVP 29(2) Spoiler Alert

Nope, it's Angulamastacator (although I had the same reaction).

The etymology section says Angulus (corner, angle) is in reference to the
unusual morphology of the maxilla and the Big Bend of the Rio Grande, and
gives the preferred translation as 'bend chewer.'

<headdesk>

It has to be wondered if this falls under Article 32.5.
http://www.iczn.org/iczn/includes/page.jsp?article=32&nfv=

The question appears to be whether knowledge of Latin counts as an "external source of information". I've seen the similarly embarrassing *Futalo"gn"kosaurus* (should be -ng-) defended that way.

Let's hope no-one ever names a dinosaur Osteoangulus...

(not that there's anything wrong with that)

There is, in fact: as far as I know, the second o should disappear.