Re: JVP 29(2) Spoiler Alert

It has to be wondered if this falls under Article 32.5.
http://www.iczn.org/iczn/includes/page.jsp?article=32&nfv=

Unfortunately, no. 32.5.1 states "Incorrect transliteration or latinization, or use of an inappropriate connecting vowel, are not to be considered inadvertent errors." So we're stuck with it. Improperly formed genera such as _Gigantspinosaurus_, _Confuciusornis_, _Aberratiodontus_, and the one above can't be changed. Same goes for typographical errors, such as the species names of _Sinornithosaurus millenii_ (millennium has two n's).

Waaaait, wait, wait, wait, wait. There is nothing to transliterate or latinize here -- _masticator_ already _is_ a Latin word. And so is _millennii_. You're right about *Confuciusornis* and *Aberratiodontus*, but these are different cases. (I'm not sure if "*Gigant_spinosaurus*" counts as validly published.)

If *Angulomastacator* had been *Angulamastacator* as was originally posted here, the stupid extra _a_ would be protected by Art. 32.5.1; for *Minotaurasaurus*, this is in fact the case (...if that one is actually validly published... I think that was discussed here or on some blog).