Re: JVP 29(2) Spoiler Alert

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 5:29 PM, Tim Williams<tijawi@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> <headdesk>
>
> There seems to be a lot of this <headdesk> going on lately. Â:-)

[...]
> I guess the ICZN takes the view that correct transliteration and latinization
> are the responsibility of the author(s).

What's odd is that "masticator" is a word in English, too. This is
kind of like if the Brazilian spinosaurid had been named "Irratator".

Really, it's just unfortunate that the culture that came up with
biological nomenclature happened to revere a language with
inflectional grammar. If only the Chinese had beat the Europeans to it
... although then we'd be stuck with logographs.....
--
T. Michael Keesey
Glendale, California