Administration Response Re: Online petition Re: "Museum comments sidestepped"

http://www.uwyo.edu/presidentsupport/outbox/2009/geology_museum_15_jun_09.pdf

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009, MKIRKALDY@aol.com wrote:
In an editorial  at
http://www.trib.com/articles/2009/06/17/editorial/editorial/e084fe01c2e5e7cd
872575d7007c999f.txt
the Casper Star-Tribune suggests that:
"Now that so many supporters have  been identified, the university -- and
the UW Foundation -- should turn their  attention to exploring ways to
generate the $80,000 annually that the museum  needs to keep its doors open. Are
any of the people who signed the petition  willing to donate money to the
cause? What about holding fundraising  events?"

Okay, if everyone who signed the petition donated $53.33 a year,  the
museum could stay open!  I nominate Frank Bliss to spearhead this  collection!

Actually, considering the troubles Frank had in  collecting money for the
Antonio  grant
(http://dml.cmnh.org/2005Jun/msg00160.html), keeping a museum afloat
through donations is naive. I don't know what kind of fundraising events could
raise $80,000 a year either.  Cookies and cupcakes?  Hannah Montana  concert!

Wally Wyoming.

In a message dated 6/17/2009 2:08:41 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,