Re: Jurassic Park IV

On Sun, Jun 21, 2009 at 2:09 PM, David Marjanovic
<david.marjanovic@gmx.at> wrote:

>> I only read the first book but you know spielberg still did a pretty good
>> job on the second film...anyway, there aren't that many films about
>> dinosaurs that are actually entertaining (except if you count documentaires
>> like walking with dinosaurs) so why insult the two good ones we have?
>
> I didn't say the second one was _bad_.

I will. It was pretty bad (although toward the end it does get a hint
of that "so bad it's good" quality). Not as bad as the third, but that
wasn't even a complete movie.

This, however, is fantastic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prgm4eKq6d4

The best paleontology-based movie of any kind is probably Quest for
Fire, although that's considerably post-Mesozoic.

> I said you were not really right when you counted it among _"the ones based
> on the books"_.

Didn't JP2 include some unused scenes from the first book? My memory
is fuzzy....

--
T. Michael Keesey
Glendale, California