[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Subject Index][Author Index]
Re: A very sad day
1) I don't know, chalk it up to kinks in a new software product.
2) One and a half positions actually, as one was part time. And no,
the $80,000 budget hardly seems worth it to achieve 18 million in
budget savings compared to what the university gets for that money.
3) Not just a football team, but a Division 1 football team, which
requires a lot more money to be spent to meet national standards. The
academic departments had to suffer a 10% cut in budget, while the
intercollegiate sports had to cut 5% _of it's state paid
budget_...which is only 40% of its overall budget. For those of you
counting, that's 2% of the overall sports budget.
Clearly we can see where the University of Wyoming's priorities lie.
As an alumni this saddens me greatly.
Wyoming Dinosaur Center
110 Carter Ranch Rd.
Thermopolis, WY 82443
(800) 455-3466 ext. 230
Cell: (307) 921-8333
From: David Marjanovic <email@example.com>
To: DML <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sent: Tue, Jun 30, 2009 4:02 pm
Subject: Re: A very sad day
- Why does the site refuse to open in Internet Explorer 8? Yes, eight,
has no problem with even the stupidest "features" of the latest
update at ScienceBlogs. The choice between normal and compatibility
does not exist for that site.
It works just fine in Firefox 3.0.6,
problems with other sites that IE just breezes through...Â
- A grand total of two employees are fired? Can that possibly have been
worth it financially?!?Â
- Does that university have a football team...? If so, I shall not be
to write down what I think, because there are too many adults on this