RE: Review of Jack Horner's new book "How to Build a Dinosaur"

There's also a "Vogel", which is German for bird.

At 6:46 PM -0500 3/3/09, Allan Edels wrote:
The name of some of the characters in this silly movie are significant:
Ann "Thrush", Dr. Sterling Raven, Swanson, Peregrine, Susan Mallard, Lt. Col.
Wren, Miss Kroghe

In addition to the many characters named after birds, two of the principals are
named after science fiction writers. Dr. Jane Tiptree
(<http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0002663/>Diane Ladd) -
<http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1053351/>James Tiptree Jr. (the pen name of author
Alice Bradley Sheldon) and 'Doc' Smith
(<http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0768620/>Raphael Sbarge) -
<http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0808100/>Edward E. Smith (Known as "Doc").

That's about the only redeeming quality of the film.  Yes, I've seen it -
twice! [Blame staying up too late watching HBO years ago] .  :-)

Allan Edels

--
Jeff Hecht, science & technology writer
jeff@jeffhecht.com or jhecht@nasw.org