Jurassic Park, the book

I've just read the famous JP by Crichton. It is ussual that the book seems to be better than it's big screen adaptation. This time that's NOT the case. It's not about the differences between the book and the movie, it's something deeper. The style is bad, and the sci behind sci-fi is not the sci I know about. The knowledge of how science works is peculiar. Those are, of course, only my thoughts. What about Your's? And what about other Crichton's books? I haven't read any, did watched a lot of movies based on them, though.
Sorry for my poor English - I am working on that.
DM