Re: New Spanish PhD on dinosaurs: Galvesaurus herreroi

> According to Dr. Barco, Galvesaurus is not a
> cetiosaurid nor a  turiasaur, but a basal macronarian
> related with Phuwiangosaurus,  Aragosaurus,
> Tastavinsaurus, Cedarosauus and Venenosaurus. This 6
> genera form a monophyletic group (unnamed) which is the
> sister group  to Titanosauriformes.

This is interesting, because it means that this 6-genus clade (which contains
genera that are Cretaceous in age, or at least close to the Jurassic-Cretaceous
boundary) is basal to the Late Jurassic _Brachosaurus_.

Royo-Torres et al. (2006) recovered _Galvesaurus_ (as _Galveosaurus_) in the
Turiasauria clade, along with _Losillasaurus_ and _Turiasaurus_.  I wonder if
the _Losillasaurus_-_Turiasaurus_ clade was retained in Barco's analysis.  How
secure is Turiasauria?

Cheers

Tim