Re: Long-necked stegosaur coming out in Proceedings B

On Tue, 3 Mar 2009, Dann Pigdon wrote:
Quoting "Richard W. Travsky" <rtravsky@uwyo.edu>:

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009, Dann Pigdon wrote:
Quoting Jura <pristichampsus@yahoo.com>:

Fair enough. I was actually responding to a statement made about
stegosaurs having to turn their backs on their adversaries.
Presenting one's broad side to a predator removes the "need" for a
long neck to see behind.

Turning into a U-shape would have worked well against only one predator, but it may have left the outside flank horribly exposed to a second predator (unless the stegosaur backed up against something).

Or in a group of other stegosaurs...

Now I'm imagining a 'flower of stegosaurs', something like the aerial views of a scene from an Esther Williams movie (only with more spikes).

Well, a side view of a group would be interesting too. Multiple backs with plates jiggling, like waves...