Re: Long-necked stegosaur coming out in Proceedings B

Isn't that where the original reconstructions of _Kentrosaurus_ put the spines - on the hips, not the shoulders?

Yes.

So _Kentrosaurus_ had paired spines on the hips, and 'Gigantspinosaurus' had them on the shoulders?

Apparently.

BTW, isn't the name 'Gigantspinosaurus' a valid genus? I had thought the original description (by Ouyang) is considered to be valid, including by Susannah Maidment's recent stegosaur papers.

No idea, I haven't read most of the relevant papers.

Of course, if 'Gigantspinosaurus' is NOT a nomenclaturally valid genus (i.e., a nomen nudum), then it provides an opportunity to spell the name correctly - e.g., as you say, 'Gigantospinosaurus'.

Yes.