Sent: Sunday, March 08, 2009 4:23 PM
Subject: Re: Abyssal's official pterosaur question thread

Could I get a cite for the description of Scaphognathus? I believe it was erected 1861 by Wagner, but Wikipedia misattributed it to Wild 1983 (which I think was actually Preondactylus) and I ended up confused. It may be one of the ones on this page (http://www.pterosaur.co.uk/biblio/V-Z/WagnerA.htm) but I have no clue which if any. Any help?